WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE AN ACTUAL CALENDAR VIEW AND SHAREPOINT 2010 VERSION? VOTE AT
|We are developing the SP15 App for this, follow this project to stay informed of a release date!
An enhanced CQWP version. The goal of this WebPart is to provide a piece of functionality that the out of the box one currently lacks. This functionality applies when you are rolling up Calendar Events List Type.
The Business Requirement
There is a need to view recurring events when rolling up Calendar Events. Say you have an event called "Weekly Status Meeting", and you have configured this event to be 'recurring'. If you browse the Calendar View, you will see this event on the day
you have selected for each week.
OOTB Content Query WebPart Funtionality
Currently, if you do a Calendar Event rollup using the CQWP and you have a recurring event, the WebPart will only show you the parent event in that series. Some people have expressed the desire to show all of the events for that particular calendar item.
I envision the extending from the ContentByQueryWebPart, and making sure all other functionality is still there. I am thinking of simply creating a custom ToolPart that allows for the additional configuration.
Other functionality I will make configurable via the ToolPart is:
- Ability to configure the XSL files used to render it,
- Ability to override the CommonViewFields
- Ability to override the Query being used.
A sample of the recurring events grouped by Site. The sample retrieves all calendar event lists for the site collection and displays the events.
The ToolPart contains the options you have a available.
- All out of the box configuration settings are available since this WebPart inherits from the ContentByQueryWebPart
- Query override - this is not working as of now.
- Calendar Rollup Checkbox - To enable/disable displaying recurring events.
- CommonViewFields - Specify a comma delimited list of fields to override (an XSL file is provided with this solution and the default fields are specified).
- Content Query Main XSL - Allows you to specify your own XSL file.
- Item Level XSL - Allows you to specify your own item level XSL file (an XSL file is provided with this solution and it is specified as the default).