Show only calendar items that are in the furture

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:59 PM
If I use the filter to only show items with the start date of today or greater the recurring event feature breaks.  So I have to have no filter on... but that is a problem and defeats the entire purpose of your content query (to show recurrent events).
My question is how can I show only event items that are for today or in the furture while still showing recurring events? 
Jan 15, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I would suspect that you cannot use a filter if you check the Expand Recurring Calendar events. I tried that and it also breaks the webpart. If you research the CAML query required to extract recurring events then its clear that using and additional filter in the CQWP would be useless. It seems that the Expand Recurring Events is an all inclusive selection meaning that once you do that then any addional filters cannot be used. Below the <Month /> means to expand events for the current month and <CalendarDate>2010-01-01T10:00:00Z</CalendarDate> provides the Date to look in. The CAML below would expand events for Junuary 2010 (however, I could never get this to work using U2U CAML Builder since I assume this can only be done through the Object Model and not via the Web Service). So the only filter options are changing from <Month /> to <Week /> or <Day /> and the calendar date could be specified (I assume this defaults to the current month looking at how you normally do this using the Object Model. Perhaps adding a another option to the Expand Recurring Events would be nice (expand by Month, Week, or Day).

<Where>
<DateRangesOverlap>
<FieldRef Name='EventDate' />
<FieldRef Name='EndDate' />
<FieldRef Name='RecurrenceID' />
<Value Type='DateTime'><Month />/Value>
</DateRangesOverlap>
</Where>
<QueryOptions>
<ExpandRecurrences>True</ExpandRecurrences>
<CalendarDate>2010-01-01T10:00:00Z</CalendarDate>
</QueryOptions>